Support our work as part of the senior management team
Would you like to play a leading role in the financial management and administration of a global education and sustainability charity? The Trust for Sustainable Living is based at the popular Living Rainforest visitor centre in Hampstead Norreys, Berkshire.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Manager with strong accounting and financial skills to join us on a permanent, full time basis. Joining a small team, the Finance Manager will oversee the day-to-day finance functions of both the charity and its trading arm.
The post holder will provide financial rigour, transparency and support with general management decision-making across the charity. Individuals with previous experience in the charity sector are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for someone who can engage with the charity’s stakeholders at all levels from the trustees, chief executive and staff to volunteers, visitors and grant funders.
Reporting to the chief executive, you will lead a small finance department covering bookkeeping and accounts, banking and payment processing, grant reporting and general financial administration. You will also oversee the HR function of the organisation.
With significant administrative experience, you will be an effective and committed team player and enjoy helping colleagues across the organisation achieve their goals.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have a strong command of Sage 50 or similar.
As a key part of the senior management team, your responsibilities will include:
- financial administration and reporting
- monthly management accounts
- annual financial accounts to trial balance
- financial input to other periodic reports and returns
- coordination of annual budgeting
- separating the finances of the charity and trading arm
- VAT and Gift Aid returns
- overseeing an external payroll service
- some external procurement (e.g. insurance, electricity)
- company credit card transactions
- line-managing the Finance and HR Officer’s duties
- occasional special projects
Previous experience or skill in the following is desirable:
- Charity finance management (e.g. grants, donations, restricted funds, Gift Aid)
- Financial reports from electronic Till and CRM systems
- Staff management
- Communications and people skills
- Interest in education and sustainable development
A more detailed job description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
How to apply
Please apply by providing a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Initial interviews are currently scheduled for the week commencing 10th June 2019.