Summer Festival of Conservation & Sustainable Living
Join us this August as we explore and celebrate nature conservation and sustainable living.
Take part in a host of indoor and outdoor activities from interactive workshops & eco-exhibits to inspiring talks & tours.
Check our Events Listings to help plan your visit and see what’s on when over the month.
- Immerse yourself in the tropical rainforest with daily Guided Tours and Animal Feeding sessions.
- Enjoy informative talks on Birds, Primates, Reptiles, Bugs and Rainforest Plants.
- Enjoy outdoor activities including Bug Hunts, Field Walks and Nature Painting.
- Catch the rhythm in a Rainforest Music Workshop, featuring instruments made from recycled materials.
- Build a Pollinator Palace with Project Pollinate and enter a photo for a chance to win a special prize.
- Get inspired by local conservation efforts and initiatives including the River Kennet, West Berkshire Moths, Wildlife Trust, Woodland Trust and Friends of the Earth.
- Take the Drawdown Challenge and test your wits on solutions for reducing atmospheric CO2 levels.
- Join a Future-Makers or Climate Action IdeasLab session and explore the future you want.
- Explore life as a bumble bee (through a virtual reality headset) and win a packet of seeds!
- Browse the stalls in the Green Market (2-4 August).